Monday, June 22, 2009

YOU ARE PREGNANT!

The busyness has not subsided yet. However, there has been a massive amount of exciting news to go along with just being "busy". For instance, this week on Wednesday evening, I drove myself to the hospital with a awful stomach ache. I was in an extreme amount of pain. At 1am, I realized that this pain was just not normal (not that stomach pain is in the normal catagory, but I have acid reflux so stomach pain is a common feat for me). So basically, I was in the hospital. They gave me all kinds of good stuff... narcotics... yippy! I was good & loopy when they did the ultrasounds on my gallbladder. Yes they did two ultrasounds. The first was a doctor in training and the second was his supervisor, who rolled the portable ultrasound machine in just a few minutes after the first doctor left. I suppose the first doc did not get the images the supervisor had hoped for.

Soon after, the doc in training came back into the room, again with the portable ultrasound machine. By this time, I'd had plenty of morphine and I remember thinking how inappropriate I sounded when I asked the doctor, "OH so you're gonna do it to me again huh?" OH BOY very embarrassing. The doctor smiled and just said, "well this time we're not looking at your gall bladder. We are looking for a baby. I said, "WHAT???" and he said, "yes you are pregnant..."

They told me that I could go home & I was convinced, after falling out of the hospital bed and then dressing myself, that I could drive myself home. After all, I'd driven myself to the hospital even though I was in such pain. They said absolutely not & that my husband had to come & get me. While I was waiting for Davin to come get me at 5:30am, I realized that not a soul was watching me. I walked out to the parking lot & got into the car & called Davin and told him that I felt completely fine & that I'd just drive myself home. After all, no need for him to get the kids out of bed and all this early! He said that he was almost to the hospital. I told him it was fine & he should just turn around & go home. He refused and told me I better not drive the car anywhere.

Looking back, I'm certainly thankful for his common sense. I just remember that I kept saying, I feel fine, I'm good, I can drive.

So that's my story! Very exciting!

No comments: