Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Job Hunt

I have begun the strenuous job hunting task, and have had no luck thus far. To date, I have applied for online college professor positions so that although I need to be able to hold a job and eventually replace Davin's income for his exit from the Navy into full time college, I am not having much luck just yet. Basically, my goal has been to go through the list of U.S. universities and apply at one each day. I have been getting call-backs with suggestions for various other job possibilities from recruiting agents, as many of the universities are out of funding and have capped off enrollment.

Altogether though, this is a very frustrating process. I have about 2 years to replace Davin's income, so I'm not going to get discouraged just yet. It's only been 3 weeks so I know there's still hope. I'm going to fight for it! :) I don't want to have to leave my babies. To sum it up.... I want to have my cake & eat it too! I always have had it good & I don't want any of that to change, but I also want to provide Davin with the chance that he provided me.... the fact that he worked his butt off & re-enlisted in the Navy so that I would be able to finish my degree blows my mind. Every single day. Such an unselfish man.... the government owns him for 3 more years all because he knew how badly I wanted to have that education. His chance to do the same is coming soon! He works so hard!!

I'll keep you all posted!

No comments: