Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Quick Update

It's been nearly a month since I last posted. Much has happened! Last Saturday's Walk for Life for the Crisis Pregnancy Center went extremely well. We had lots of friends join us! Kari & Matt & the twins drove 2 hours to be with us & Dev & Paige also came & joined us. Ironically enough, although I was the one to recruit them, they raised more money than me. However, I must hold my ground because I have more children than any of them!

Since then, our baby girl has grown so much. She is now 11 1/2 weeks old. And just as sweet as she can be! She sleeps for 8 hours before waking up at night. This has not only restored my sanity, but also means that the exhaustion headaches are beginning to dissipate.

Davin's schedule has remained that noon to 8pm shift. He has also maintained his position as Vice President of the MWR, which really means that I must think of & plan all fundraising activities with detailed projected profit analysis for the board to view.

I spent the time necessary to re-vamp the resume & other means of job hunting. I'm still trying to locate a job that does not exist, I suppose. Flexibility with my kids congruent with some form of pay just does not seem to be an easy item to locate in this market. I have high hopes though, and I'm not going to get down about it. At least I have a job, even though I have to put in so many hours each week.

Soon & very soon!

No comments: