Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Yes Ma'am"

It's not very often that Samson & I have time alone. For the most part, I have children here for many hours out of the day and if Kaleo is at school, we are tending to other people's kids needs. It's our way of life, and we are very immune to it. However, on one particular day this week, something odd happened. No one brought their kids. So I got Kaleo ready for school & Samson dressed for the day. It was just the three of us. How nice, I thought to myself. A morning to ourselves!

After I dropped Kaleo off at school, I headed to the commissary. I got there so early, they weren't even open. Samson & I sat outside the store on the bench with an elderly couple until they opened the doors. And he refused to sit in the cart. He was determined to stand throughout the entire trip. I'm sure a lot of the older people were thinking.... you need to beat that kid! But no, I just kept telling him, "Samson you need to sit down, you could fall & hurt yourself". And by the time we got to the cereal aisle, I was just tired of saying it. He was starting to get cocky standing there in the buggy and while I pushed, he bounced back and forth singing a little song.

Until I stopped. He continued to bounce and fell backwards into the cart. Since there was not a lot in the cart, he landed on the metal part of the bottom. His legs were straight up in the air. He was screaming "Mommy ouchy, Mommy Ouchy" over & over. I said, "Samson, are you going to sit in the cart now?" And his response was "Yes, Ma'am" and he sat for the rest of the trip.

YES MA'AM!!!

No comments: