Friday, March 13, 2009

Eat Eat NOW!

I don't think I have ever had anyone yell at me in such a fashion. But, being that the young man is only two years of age, he is somehow permitted to get away with speaking to those surrounding him this way. He climbs up onto one of the dining room chairs and screams at the top of his lungs: "MOMMY EAT EAT NOW".

My best guess is that the little chubba chubba of a boy is hungry. Oddly enough, it seems that his hunger pangs hit nearly every hour, on the hour. I remind him politely that he should ask nicely when he is hungry. He looks at me with that sweet little innocent face and says "peas mommy".

Once your heart is melted, you give him the fruit or the cracker or pretzel or whatever it may be. He really is a sweetie, but he comes across so obnoxious sometimes.

Yesterday it was warm, and we couldn't seem to keep his clothes on him. He kept stripping himself naked. My husband thought it would be great for potty training since they were outside, but lo & behold, he held the pee pee until I put the diaper back on him.

However, while he was still running around buck naked, he decided to take the power wheel for a spin. We have two power wheels. One of them is larger for our eldest son, and the other is small, for him to ride. He took his older brother's tractor. His older brother did not like that too much, because his bare butt was on the tractor's seat. He cried the entire 3 minutes until the tractor made it's way back to the front of the yard and the naked one decidedly forfeited ownership of the toy.

It's Friday and my hubby will soon be home. We're going to watch Fireproof while the kids are taking their afternoon nap. The rain is causing it to be a stay-inside & get cozy kind of a day. I suppose a walk on the treadmill will have to suffice instead of our usual family walk around the neighborhood. And my favorite, oh so yummy mexican food is awaiting!

No comments: