Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Monsters Mommy!

So here we go with another tale of the children! For the past several nights in a row, Samson has been crying before he goes to sleep. It's unusual because he's used to his "big boy" bed now, so I haven't been able to figure out what the problem is. I check on him and ask him why he's crying and he says "scared, Mommy" but when I asked him what he's scared of, he just points to the toybox. I have resorted to leaving the hallway light on and leaving the bedroom door open. That seems to satisfy him.

At naptime, however, we had the same struggle. It was pretty light in the room, and he was still crying about being scared. He went so far as to pull the covers back and clearly order me into his bed with the words, "Mommy, snuggle". I did as I was told for a few minutes. Then I asked him to show me what he was scared of.

The short little man got out of his bed and went over to the remote controlled robots and said "monster scared monster scared". The top of the robot did look like it had a face. And because I cleaned out the boys' room last week, it was was facing his bed and appeared to be looking right at my little Sammy with it's silver windshield (looked like eyes I suppose).

These are the realities that make us realize that our kids aren't lying or trying to stay awake late or just be spiteful by making us run to them. They may really fear something, they may really be in need of something, as Samson was.

~Give thanks to the Lord for He is good; His love endures forever. ~Psalm 107:1

No comments: