Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Last Class

My excitement has risen to the point above any appropriate description. I am currently about to start on my very last class to finish the sought-after Master's degree. I'm not sure where that will lead me, but right now, I'm hoping that with the completion of my educational goals behind me, I can breathe easier! Or maybe just get some time to do whatever I feel like doing.

My husband and I have worked through our odd scheduling. He was working from noon to nine, but I was working the usual 6am to 6pm. So now we've straightened that mess out for the good of our family. It seemed like an uphill battle working such a strange shift between the two of us.

My oldest son is doing extremely well in school. He is excelling in so many areas for a 5 year old. I'm so proud of him. He has such a wonderful demeanor for a 5 year old child. He is giving, and just as sweet as he could be. And I'm not just saying that because he's my child (or maybe I am... I don't know).

He started asking me some really funny questions a few days ago. I have some scar tissue on my stomach from a surgery I had when I was 9 years old. I suppose he assumed that was where he and his brother came out when they were born. He asked me to show him where the baby came out. I told him that I could not. He asked me "why mom?" and I just told him, "Really, it's a long story". I figured... he's 5 years old and he'll drop the subject.

Much to my suprise, he looked at me with all seriousness on his face and said, "Mom, just tell me, we aren't in a rush or anything". So my husband looked at him and said, "Babies come out of a mommy's vagina". And my son's response was something I will cherish forever! He said, "Dad, no really, tell me the truth".

And with that, my friends, I must get to cooking dinner for the family. It's steaks & hot dogs on the grill tonight! A side of rice and baked beans are also in the making. I must say, life is great. Even with the current economic situation, we certainly must remember to cherish the times together, friends & family, and to remember what's truly important!

No comments: