Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rise & Shine.... It's Saturday!

Sure, normal people sleep in on Saturdays. Every other day of the week, I have to go into my kids' bedroom and sing and make all sorts of noise to wake them up. But when Saturday rolls around, they are up at... literally... the crack of dawn. Since we are military, our day starts off very early. The hubby leaves the house just after 4am and I usually get up around 6am to have some reading & treadmill time to myself. I wake the children at 7am to get ready for school.

So why, I ask, do they feel it necessary to roll out of bed before 6am on Saturday? We decided to try something new. We told them that they could just play & watch tv Saturday morning, and let mommy & daddy sleep in. Oh that worked wonderfully. Of course that is sarcasm.

At about 7:30, there is crashing and banging. When I walk out into the living room, there is sweet tea everywhere. And I do mean everywhere. They have cut themselves banana bread, so that is also scattered throughout the kitchen and dining area, but the iced tea is the problem for me. Crumbs, I can deal with... sticky liquid all over the place urks me.

Let the cleaning begin! We sprayed the floors & made the children scoot around on towels to help get the stickiness off the floors. That lasted about 5 minutes. I ended up spending nearly 2 hours scrubbing the two rugs covered in iced tea. There is so much up for debate about child abuse... isn't this mom abuse, though? The floor is still sticky in some places. Our feet make that lovely sticky floor noise when we walk over those spots.

It's been a very fun start to a rainy Saturday!

No comments: