Monday, March 23, 2009

This weekend was a bit on the boring side. Davin is so handy so we ended up spending the day helping two of our friends with some of their to-do list. I spent the majority of the day cleaning up the house & catching up on schoolwork. Or rather, getting ahead on schoolwork. Sunday, my mom & sister came to visit and we spent the afternoon eating & walking around Target. I didn't even buy a single item. Amazing, I know. I totally forgot that Kaleo had homework this weekend, so I felt like an incredibly bad mom this morning rushing him to get ready so that he could do his two worksheets!

Which brings up the point... why don't kids have any sense of time? I mean, Kaleo is 5 and has absolutely no sense or respect for time. I tell him to get himself dressed and when I check on him 10 minutes later, he hasn't even started the process of dressing himself. If I ask him what he's been doing... he says he doesn't know. What do you mean you don't know? It's so strange.

We spent the afternoon today planting 2 dozen yellow squash plants and 3 dozen zinnea plants. Hopefully a few of those will survive. We have green squash & daisies to plant later on in the week. I absolutely love the idea of growing your own food to use. Usually I'm too overwhelmed with school work but I believe that this year, I'll be able to grow something. Or at least I'm hoping I will.

I must get to work. Premartial counseling text is calling me!

No comments: